About Me

My photo
You have found the official blog of B. J. Drye, editor of The Stanly News & Press (SNAP), your hometown newspaper. I have been hanging out in the SNAP newsroom since 1998 and have been editor since August 2010.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Academy Awards

The Academy Awards brought some surprises.

Meryl Streep won for Best Actress, which is one of my predictions from my contest with Roger W. Thomas, pastor of First Baptist Church of Albemarle. In fact, that was the only category I actually beat him in. We tied in five, there were four that neither of us picked a winner. He had 14 correct and I had one.

So I guess the biggest surprise is that I didn't win the competition? No. I knew I didn't have a chance, mainly since I had only seen one of the movies nominated.

But life is more than about winning and losing, it's how you play the game, right?

I had fun talking with Roger and we are looking at adding a new feature to the Stanly News & Press. He will soon be writing movie reviews for us.

If you haven't read the story about his love of films, pick up a copy of last Sunday's SNAP or see it at thesnaponline.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment